We are proud to announce that for the second consecutive year, a GID investment vehicle has been recognized as a Regional Sector Leader in the 2021 GRESB Benchmark, achieving 1st rank in the U.S. Residential, Multifamily Core Non-Listed Category. In addition, a second investment vehicle managed by GID in the same asset class has earned a top ten ranking in its first reporting year.
The GRESB Sector Leader Awards Program recognizes real estate and infrastructure companies and funds and assets that have demonstrated outstanding leadership in sustainability and ESG. GRESB data is used by hundreds of capital providers and thousands of asset managers to benchmark investments across portfolios and understand the opportunities, risks, and choices that need to be made as the industry transitions to a more sustainable future.
Each year, GRESB assesses and benchmarks the ESG performance of assets worldwide, providing clarity and insights to financial markets on complex sustainability topics. The GRESB Assessments are guided by what investors and the industry consider to be material issues in the sustainability performance of asset investments and are aligned with international reporting frameworks, goals and emerging regulations. The GRESB ESG Benchmark grew this year to cover more than $6.4 trillion of assets under management, up from $5.3 trillion the year before.
GID’s 2020 achievements include:
- Continued LED lighting retrofit program at eight properties, projected to save 562.5 MWh of energy annually, the equivalent of 48 residential homes’ energy use each year.
- Achieved 15 ENERGY STAR certifications to recognize its highest performing assets.
- Achieved IREM Certified Sustainable Property certifications for five properties
- Installed smart irrigation systems at three multi-family properties to reduce outdoor water use.
- Continued Diversity and Inclusion Internship program for underrepresented candidates to prepare for a career in the real estate industry.
To learn more about GID’s long-term ESG program and to view the 2020 ESG Report, please visit https://www.gid.com/esg/reporting/.
Disclaimer: The Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) rankings were awarded on October 1, 2021 and are based on 2020 performance. As a participating member of GRESB, GID paid fees totaling $9,600 in 2021.